Introduction to Web Development (short course)
Are you ready to learn the fundamentals on how to code a website? In this short course, we teach the necessary skills you need to create websites with HTML markup and CSS.register now
What you'll learn
Use HTML to create websites
Style websites with CSS
Debug website code using Google Chrome
Deploy a website to a server using FTP
Duration: 3 Days (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Price: R2,950/per person
Requirements: Laptop, Basic computer literacy
Certification: Issued (course completed)
Class Size: 20 Students (max)
- 21 - 23 Feb 2020
- 28 Feb - 1 Mar 2020
- 13 - 15 Mar 2020
- 27 - 29 Mar 2020
- Introduction to web development
- We introduce the basic anatomy of how websites are put together and also discuss how Google works when searching the web. We also discuss the project we'll be working on in this course.
- Introduction to HTML
- We start our introduction to HTML and go over how to use a coding editor like Sublime Text to write code and how to open a web page with Google Chrome to view your updates. We then look at commonly used HTML tags to markup our page with headings, paragraphs, links, lists and images. We also create more pages and showcase how to link multiple web pages within a website.
- Introduction to debugging with Google Chrome
- We introduce the Google Chrome developer console and then inspect our code for any issues that may exist. We also use the console to showcase how to change our webpage for experimentation purposes without using the editor.
- Introduction to CSS
- Finally, we start adding styling to our website by using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and tweaking the user interface. We look at various CSS selectors at our disposal and also look at how to make our images responsive to any screen size.
- Website uploading with FTP
- We introduce how to use FTP (file transfer protocol), this enables us to upload our completed website to a web server, where anyone can access it.
- Questions & Answers
- To conclude our introduction course, we set aside time to answer any question you may have. We discuss other web platforms like Wordpress. We also discuss career paths and self-development. We go over how to use your new skills within your company and how to start a web development portfolio that can showcase your work.
- Friday: 3:30pm - 6:30pm
- Saturday: 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Sunday: 8:30am - 2:30pm
- Your laptop
- Basic computer literacy (Word, Spreadsheets)
- Enthusiasm to learn how to create websites
Who is this for
- Employees who want to expand their skill set offered
- Students who wish to learn how to create websites
- Business owners who want to learn how to create their website
- Any person keen on understanding how to code a website from scratch
- Any person who desires to learn the basics of HTML & CSS
- Any person who wants an introduction to web development before using Wordpress